Business Development, Partnerships & Sales Officer (Level III)
Business Development, Partnerships & Sales Officer (Level III)
Reports to: Reports to: summitBusiness Intelligence Manager (Level II)
About the JoB
Summit Consulting is one of the region’s top consultacies with our reach steming as far as United Arab Emirates. We are the leading provider of Forensics, Advisory and Security solutions in the region offering world class solutions through digital and partnership channels to top 2,000 tax payers, NGOs, Affiliate groups, and MDAs. We develop business intelligence solutions that drive data-driven decision making, and help Executive Committees, Board Members and other professions including policy makers and corporate entities to make decisions based on data not hearsay.
The Professional will work closely with the summitBI Manager to develop and implement Business to Business(B2B) marketing strategies with our existing clientele and to new untapped markets through strategic partnerships with interest groups and associations, developing leading business proposals with excellent turnarround time to Request for Proposals, pitching business intelligence unit’s premium products and services to leading market executives and professionals and maintaining fruitful strategic relationships with our existing clientele. The role requires professionals who are socially adept, exhibit commendable elloquency and can communicate with professionals of high esteem in the most professional yet conclusive manner. The professional should also understand the marketing niche of Summit Consulting Limited and have in-depth knowledge of the products and services being provided especially those in summitBI-Unit, to be able to persuade new leads in adopting our top-notch business solutions and attract existing clientele to take up other problem solving solutions. Also, strong digital presence on social media platforms especially LinkedIn, and Facebook will be an added advantage for most of our clientele is digitally adept. This is a premium job as it offers high-growth career prospects in business development. As a consultant, you will work at different clients and this will give you lots of exposure to challenging scenarios and offer opportunities for i`ntellectual and career growth in our business intelligence unit
1. Identifying new markets and transforming leads into sales through;
- Attending conferences of strategic partners, associations, meetings of strategic importance and industry events to pitch summit Business Intelligence Products and Services, identify new leads and potential opportunities Summit Consulting has not ventured in.
- Researching about the needs of the top 2,000 taxpayers, learning and acquiring the details of important decision makers in those channels.
- Contacting clients in Summit Consulting’s existing clientele database via e-mail, and/or phone to establish rapport and setup meetings and demos for summit Business Intelligence products and services.
- Researching about organisations and individuals online to identify their weaknesses, needs and expand on existing market.
- Planning and overseeing all marketing activity in summit Business Intelligence Unit
- Working with summit E-Commerce team to ensure summitBI site is up to date with upcoming trainings, all summit Business Intelligence solutions with adequate content, and to drive traffic to the website through sharing on social media sites like LinkedIn daily.
2. Developing strategic partnerships and customer relationships through;
- Developing strong partnership proposals and negotiating with strategic partners of Summit Consulting like ICPAU, IIA, and other associations to expound on the reach of summitBI solutions and increase the market share.
- Sharing newsletters generated by Summit Business Intelligence on emerging solutions in data driven decision making with existing clientele to maintain strong relationship with on-going and previous clients.
- Developing questionnaires and generating feedback from existing, potential and new leads assessing the needs of their organisations frequently.
3. Pitching Summit Business Intelligence Products and/or Services to clients, organisations and other markets;
- Developing compelling Powerpoint presentations, brochures on summit Business solutions and trainings, building posters and sales displays for e-mail, conferences and client visits_generating a full marketing kit.
- Contacting existing clientele to inform them of upcoming, new developments and cutting-edge solutions on Summit Business Intelligence solutions and Trainings.
- Developing quotes and proposals in response to a request for quote and response for proposal in the shortest turnaround time possible.
- Negotiating, and renegotiating with clients and potential leads by e-mail, phone and in person where need be to ensure you close as many deals as you can on consultancy and training projects of summit Business Intelligence solutions and training.
- Recruiting and/or outsourcing marketing of different events, solutions and trainings to the most efficient team so as to ensure monthly marketing targets are met.
3. Preparing, Organising and Coordinating Monthly Business Intelligence Training both at the Institute of Forensics and ICT Security and In-house (at the clients’ preferred location)
- Generate an annual training calendar merged with the entire summitAdvisory departmental calendar. Share this calendar with all existing, and potential leads and advise them accordingly.
- Ensure the required target number of projects is achieved within the specified period of achievement and all clients are satisfied with the training by acquiring their testimonials both written and recorded.
- Organise the venue and premises of the planned training and conference events by ensuring all training material, refreshments and coverage satisfies the clientele.
- Follow-up on local purchase orders before trainings, Invoices after trainings and corresponding payments.
4. Acquiring testimonials from new, and previous clients whose testimonials are yet to be acquired. Also, end of project assessments to ensure the client is satisfied.
5. Be able to assist in any other business development project in the company especially in upcoming conferences and events.
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Excellent report writing skills
- Good financial knowledge
- Sound business acumen
- Focus on quality and risk
- Well-developed computer user skills.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
The Business Development Professional must at minimum have;
- First or Second-Class Upper degree in marketing, journalism, social science, business or in a relevant field with strong understanding in Business to Business Sales and negotiation. A strong track record in B2B is an added advantage.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and is able to pitch a product or service in a conference room of executives and top professionals.
- Good Proposal development skills. The professional must have adequate knowledge and skills in developing professional business proposals.
- Strong researching appetite especially in understanding the subject matter, that is business intelligence products and services and expound on the opportunities being tapped to extend the existing market base.
- Computer literacy especially in using Microsoft Office tools like Word for Proposal writing and PowerPoint for Presentation and pitching to clientele.
- Experienced in working with social media platforms like LinkedIn to spread Corporate awareness, convert leads and strengthen strategic relationships for Summit Consulting.
- Highly flexible, innovative, a team player, with good communication, feedback, and interpersonal and supervisory skills and able to work with a multi-cultural team within the organization.
- Very good work ethic and respects colleagues especially able to work under tight timelines for client project delivery.
Note: All people who work at Summit Consulting Ltd become thought after in a very short period due to a generous staff training and exposure policy which makes clients and competitors look to the company for new hires. For this reason, we require someone willing to withstand pressure of job offers for at least the initial period of three (3) years after joining to enable the firm to recoup her investment in staff.
About the summit consulting limited
We provide organizational Toolkits and Educative Workshops to stop revenue leakages, Sell more, Raise employee morale and transform your organization by helping you identify and remove the corporate ‘fat’. Corporate fat like lack of staff morale, bloated payroll, frauds and poor strategy execution lead to inefficiency and stagnating growth.
Established in 2007, we are one of the oldest local consulting firms with a regional clientele base. We are compliant with all laws and regulations and are a trusted advisor to some of the top clients in the region including MTN, Government of Uganda and Stanbic bank among others. All our solutions revolve around a simple idea: improving the client’s condition.
When you join Summit Consulting Ltd team, your career with transform in ways you never knew even possible by offering your lots of growth opportunities for a life time fulfillment.