Engage | Execute | Compile
Auditors’ core business is to audit. NOT to develop solutions. And that’s why the #summitIFRS9 Toolkit takes over your entire compliance so that your auditors may AUDIT it. That is what auditor independence is all about.
By the end of this course, your bank staff will understand the following
- How to classify and measure financial assets and liabilities under IFRS 9 approach and the changes from IAS 39
- How the expected loss model for financial asset impairments is applied, the exemptions and simplifications available to banks and MDIs.
- Changes to the restrictions contained in IAS 39 for the use of hedge accounting
- The impact on disclosures and the link with fair value accounting under IFRS 13
- Practical implementation issues and solutions.
- Impact of IFRS 9 on your business – if you share with us your loan book, we shall run your portfolio in our tool so that you can see the impact instantly. Seeing this from the IFRS 9 experts, and NOT only from auditors, means a lot of assurance!
Mode of Delivery
PPT presentation for the members to understand the theory behind the numbers
Exercises with practical case studies based on your business for you to apply the concepts.
Online test and materials for your ongoing learning.
Role-plays and group exercises test to gauge your progress
Live demonstrations using the IFRS9 tool we have developed to facilitate easy compliance. The training will be interactive with case studies, illustrations and examples to facilitate knowledge transfer and quick grasp of technical concepts by staff.