Welcome back to this, a continuation from the lesson “Sorting a range on multiple columns“.
Sorting data by colour is a great way to make data analysis easier and help the users of your worksheet see the highlights and data trends at a quick glance.
Sorting data is an integral part of data analysis. You sort data to quickly organize your data and to find the data that you want. Sorting data can help you and other people who use your spreadsheet make more effective decisions based on your data. You can sort data by format, including cell color and font color, whether you have manually or conditionally formatted the cells.
To sort data by colour, execute the following steps:
- Download and extract the contents of the zip archive Sorting by Colour.
- Open the file “Sorting by Colour.xlsx”
- Click any single cell inside the data set.
- On the Data tab, click Sort.
The Sort dialog box appears.
- Sort by First Name (or any other column), sort on Cell Colour (you can also sort on Font Color and Cell Icon), and select the green colour for the first level.
- Click ‘Copy Level’ two times and select the other colours.
- Click OK
In our next lesson, we shall look at: REVERSING AN EXCEL LIST.
Thanks for the custom.