Know who did what, where when and how. Know the detailed facts on your case. We provide total investigations from inception to disposition. We work with law enforcement and other experts to get to the bottom of any matter.
Computer/Disk Drive Forensics
We do first responder services. This helps preserve the integrity of the evidence. Keep in mind that, however great investigators are, if the crime scene is poorly managed, all evidence could be destroyed. We are aware forensics helps recover deleted files. There are circumstances where recovery is impossible. Increase your chances of having your case solved, by calling us in as soon as you notice a red flag!
At summitFORENSICS, we undertake analysis of computer hard drives (workstations, servers, laptops etc.). We look for everything from ex-filtration of company data and intellectual property, to child pornography and everything in between in respect to the matter at hand. summitFORENSICS, a service offered under Summit Consulting Ltd also has an excellent track record when it comes to retrieving data that is deleted or otherwise destroyed by a user.
What we usually help with
Our work is all about finding answers. Who did what, where, when and how? Typical questions that can be answered by a computer and mobile phone forensics and drive analysis might be: be answered by a computer and mobile phone forensics and drive analysis might be:
- What did the user do on the computer, at what time on what date?
- Who has accessed what information, and when?
- Can evidence be recovered off a deliberately damaged system?
- Did the vendor leave a backdoor in the software for their later login to commit fraud or whatever the motive?
- What actually happened? Was there any financial loss involved?
- Can we recover data and preserve it for court purposes?
- Were company policies broken?
- Was proprietary information stolen, and by whom?
- Can specific deleted files be recovered?
- Was sensitive information sent to outside parties?
- Was a document forged, and can its revision and printing history be accessed?
- The system is encrypted – can you break in?
If there is evidence on the drive or computer, TURN IT OFF
- When a user creates a file on a computer, the operating system writes that data to a physical location on the drive. The operating system then records the file’s name, location and size in what is basically a table of contents – so the operating system “knows” where that file is. When a file is deleted or erased, the file’s name is removed from the “table of contents,” but the file’s data isn’t touched and will remain intact until it is overwritten by other data. summitFORENSICS’ forensic analysts can find that seemingly “lost” data, but the device must be turned off and we need it in house as soon as possible.
- Computers and drives are often protected by passwords and encryption. Depending on the type of security, extracting information on the drive can get difficult.
- Mechanically or electrically damaged drives might need repairs in order to access data stored on them.
- There are legal implications regarding drive ownership and forensic analysis. Please call Summit Consulting Ltd if you have questions in this area.
- Emails, deleted emails
- Internet use information
- Erased files
- Deleted pictures and movies
- Access and usage information
- Temporary files
- Certified Cyber Security Specialists in your hands to drive the business
- No need of investment in trainings and skilling up the on-site team – we got it all
- No day-to-day disruption while meeting project timelines
- High quality and speed in management and development
- Cut costs and time-to-market with us
- Time flexibility to achieve client’s goals;
- Brilliant resources to meet deadlines;
- Remote Experts on demand that are a part of a team;
- Experienced and certified remote analysts with additional specific skills that are not available in-house;
- Cost savings up to 60% in comparision to in-house and onboarding costs.
- Time Efficient process of identifying, selecting, and building Security Teams.
- No financial risks. Transparent and fixed monthly fee
- Highest level of IP rights protection and confidentiality
- Geographical proximity and cultural similarity
- Always available talent around the globe for all of our security needs.
- Quick launch of your remote Dedicated Team
- Full integration of our remote developers with your current teams
- Highest quality Security and IT professionals
- Project Management support and Agile consulting
Research indicates that over 150 trillion emails are sent a year, making it a crucial evidentiary component in nearly every case litigated today. Deleted emails can often be recovered, even if intentionally erased, and metadata, such as email addresses, time stamps, etc., can all be very useful in an investigation as well. Email clients and servers are often full database applications, complete with document repositories, contact managers, time managers, calenders and many other features, all of which might be accessed forensically.When emails are sent or received, in addition to the message, there is a host of additional data created, such as sender and recipient addresses, timestamps, server paths, etc. This email meta data can be very valuable. Meta data can also be saved to servers and can be recovered, in some cases without the actual email.
Collected emails and other communications can yield documentation that can be correlated by date, subject, recipient or sender, and yield a highly understandable and easy to follow map of events, movements and entities. Global Digital Forensics has the ability to correlate large amounts of data into understandable and easy to follow presentations, using specialized tools to link entities, dates, times and events, while maintaining the highest standards of forensic integrity.
SCL can provide expert witnesses in a wide range of civil and criminal legal proceedings. All you need is to call us up and have our expert as one of your team members. You will be surprised with what an expert can do on your cases. Remember there is no substitute for expertise, when it comes to court matters. And whoever knows a lot about precedence, the law, the facts, the parties and the judge/ judge past decisions on similar matters has high chances of tilting the case. And it could be the 1% you need to win the case. Our experts will surely add this key insight you need to gain courtroom or transaction advantage.
With cyber attacks becoming the norm, it is more important than ever before to undertake regular vulnerability scans and penetration testing to identify vulnerabilities and ensure on a regular basis that the cyber controls are working.